In today’s social-media-dominated culture, the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words" is truer than ever! We have increasingly learned how powerful visuals can be: they evoke powerful emotions, remind us of memories, and invite us to make new ones.
The point? We could tell you about Boerne’s Hill Country charm, flourishing local businesses, or sparkling lake views...but it would be infinitely more effective (and far prettier) to show you instead. Below, we’ve compiled some of our favorite Instagram posts that effectively sum up what residents, visitors, and area businesses think about their beloved Hill Country town! Because at the end of the day, the real, authentic truth will come straight from the mouths (and iPhones) of real people who are really living, working, and thriving in Boerne, TX.
1. This gorgeous lake photo by user @ericaalynn__ speaks for itself! Boerne Lake City Park is a local gem, providing both scenic beauty and hands-on fun. Amenities include a fishing pier, picnic units with grills, playground, volleyball court, trails, frisbee golf course, boat dock, butterfly garden, and more!
2. The official @tapatiospringsresort account quoted Houston-area visitor (and travel + food blogger) @heyitslynneg: “Good morning from Tapatio Springs! About to have this delicious buffet breakfast with potatoes, scrambled eggs and bacon!” Tapatio Springs Resort exudes relaxation and lively fun. Whether you’re an out-of-towner visiting Boerne for the summer or a local seeking a weekend getaway, Tapatio offers a luxurious (and delicious) taste of the Hill Country.
3. This festive shot from @writebackatyou5 reads, “Christmas in July brings very soapy snow to Texas #christmasinjuly #boerne #movieinthepark”. Check here for future summertime “Movie in the Park” showings...August 19th will feature family classic “Back to the Future”.
4. Living in Boerne is the life of the party! @wayfarerphotography_ captured this delightful senior portrait (and with it the carefree nature of the Hill Country) with a caption that reads, “Happy Friday, friends!”
5. @laurenfayearnett shared this idyllic shot of River Road Park with caption: “I love this town”. So do we!
6. @clarissayanta took a moment during a classic Boerne date night to post: "Weekend bubbly with the hubby." Boerne Wine Company (located at 302 S Main Street) is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine and Hill Country vibes. Stop by 10:30 am to 8:00 pm from Monday to Saturday to celebrate, relax, or gather.
7. @darling_rebecca snuck an adorable photo of a few neighborhood visitors: "I'm gonna miss these cute neighbors #hillcountry #boerne #deerfriends #everythingboerne"
8. A week ago, @littlegretelrestaurant celebrated this achievement: “Little Gretel made TOP 50 #bestburgers of #texas in #TexasMonthly...You gotta try this!” Shoutout to Boerne businesses getting some serious statewide name recognition! Pick up your local copy of Texas Monthly and then stop into Little Gretel (518 River Road) to taste the goodness for yourself.
9. Last Sunday, @beewaterpark shared this encouraging post: “Boerne Lake is not only a recreational
10. In this post, @shannonwarder proves that Boerne is the perfect place to start your gardening hobby… “My garden was busy while I was away. #growyourown #garden #keepitlocal #morningchores”. Boerne’s efforts to “keep it local” can also be seen at the local Farmers Market at the Cibolo!
11. This iconic shot of The Major Golf Tournament was shared by @infinityandbeyondphoto: “The Major Golf Tournament at @tapatiospringsresort this year was a huge success. The green was beautiful, the weather was perfect and the guys brought their game.” Did you know? The $2 million restorations to Tapatio Springs' Championship Golf Course were completed in the fall of 2015! Put the course on your must-play list.
12. @juanglz84 couldn’t help but snap a shot of this lovely latte art: “Un latte de The
13. @ashli.ee documented this typical Boerne moment: “Making new friends in #Boerne...#texasforever#ilovetexas”. Did you know the ducks in Boerne have a bit of a legacy surrounding them? Local residents have been making friends with the local wildlife for years. Remember to stop at the duck crossing on River Road!
14. Local business @micasatamales (located between Boerne and San Antonio) shared this midsummer sentiment: “Summer is all about soaking up the sun, drink in hand, and not a care in the world (... Until your cup runs out) ” Mi Casa Tamales is a full restaurant, bar, and event venue that features live music on the weekends!
16. The Dodging Duck showed off its craft beer chops (and an affinity for exclamation points) with this one: “Try one...TRY THEM ALL!!! Brewhaus Beer Flights are the best way to sample all of our
17. Texas sunsets are even lovelier from the perspective of a paddleboard. While on a late paddle, @manuel_rivera86 wanted to say, “Thank you to the man that helped carry my kayak to the water and back to the truck. #boernelake#kindpeople#iloveTexas” Texas manners at their finest,
18. Local growth has allowed new businesses to open and thrive in the Boerne area. Case and point: brand new boutique “Dang Sassy” opens its doors this Saturday! Showing off some upcoming merchandise, @dangsassy posted, “We are beyond thrilled to bring #dollyestelleteepees to #BoerneTX#DangSassy#ComingSoon”! Dang Sassy will host their grand opening celebration this Saturday, August 6th, complete with snacks and sales.
19. @danikadiediker snapped this wild shot: “My wolf pack at the lake.” Boerne Lake is pet-friendly!
20. @wayfarerphotography_ echoed the Texan’s age-old love for the fading Hill Country sky: “One thing I love the most about Boerne is the epic sunset views.” We’re inclined to agree! Away from the city lights, the big Texas sky shines brightest.
21. And last but not least…we’re on Instagram! On our official @kw_boerne page, we provide real estate advice, community updates, 5 Things to Do in Boerne each weekend, and (of course) beautiful shots of the Hill Country.